In the latter part of the 1990s, big changes came to the energy industry in several states. Thanks to this deregulation revolution, the residents of these areas are now able to select the company that supplies their electricity based on cost as well as how the power is created. Before understanding how this energy freedom can work to your advantage, however, it is important to recognize one important distinction. You will not be changing your public utility company, just the vendor who supplies your energy. This is because your public utility company still owns the wires, poles and other infrastructure. For that reason, they will continue to be your provider, handling all upgrades and customer service issues. However, if you live in New York, New Jersey or Connecticut you can compare electricity suppliers, resulting in lower energy rates.
Although it might seem complex and overwhelming, it is surprisingly easy to compare electricity suppliers thanks to online comparison sites like PowerSetter. PowerSetter brings the best available alternative suppliers to its customers and makes switching process very easy. Simply enter your zip code, and you will be presented with a comprehensive list of various electricity plans. We are aware of all the issues facing deregulated energy industry: from the predatory practices by some ESCOs to general issues related to customers forgetting about their contracts only to see their bills increasing dramatically after their contracts expire. Therefore, when we started our company we set to create a worry free energy market place for consumers where there are no hidden costs or fees. There are no huggling or slamming. You as a consumer have a power to choose your energy and should use that right wisely. We , at PowerSetter, will just help you along the way, making sure are satisfied with your choice.
There are several important questions that you should ask before making the switch. They include the following:
• Do you currently have contract with another ESCO? If you switch, will you be liable for any early termination fees (ETF).
• What contract term would be the most beneficial to you? By signing up for longer-term contracts you can realize bigger savings over time.
• Are there any other discounts or promotions you should know about? Some suppliers either offer one time rewards after your signup or ongoing incentives like bonus points. These rewards are clearly marked for each plan under 'Rewards' column.
• Are you getting a reputable supplier? We pre-select the suppliers on our platform, making sure there no surprises for our customers. However, if you would like to learn more about the provider you are interested in, you can click on their logo to see more information.
• Are you getting a clean energy alternative? Some suppliers offer green energy options - not readily available from your local utility. Customers not only save money on their bills, but preserve the environment.
• To whom do you reach out if there is a billing or other kind of customer service issue? For all service related issues you will still reach out to your local utility company. And do not worry, if the supplier of your choice goes out of business, you will not stay without electricity! Not a second! Your local utility company will take over and fill the void!
After you compare electricity suppliers and arrive at your final choice, the process of signing up is fast and easy. In fact, it should not take you more than five to ten minutes. Once you are on board with the supplier of your choice, it is simply a matter of sitting back and enjoying the savings. If you are the owner of a business, you could easily generate savings of a few thousand dollars a year. Residential consumers can frequently realize savings in the hundreds of dollars annually. We, at PowerSetter carefully select the providers on our platform, making sure there are no unscrupulous suppliers, and no surprises for our customers. By comparing electricity suppliers savvy consumers can greatly benefit from the freedom of choice that the last two decades of energy deregulation have yielded!
If you would like to compare electricity suppliers for your home or business, and save on electricity bills, you can start the comparison process here